Thursday, July 1, 2010

Join the Registry - Be The Match Bone Marrow Registry

Join the Registry - Be The Match Bone Marrow Registry

For all of you who've expressed an interest in donating to Brody, now is the time. This process takes weeks and we'd like to get the transplant done before summer is out. If you register with the National registry you can be tested for free. You simply sign up using the above link, it takes about 5 minutes, and they send you out a kit. You swab your inside cheek and mail it back, its that simple. You can choose to pay for your kit or make a donation if you'd like, which is tax deductible, otherwise the process is painless, fast and entirely free. If you are not a match for Brody, you may be for someone else. Help save a life by signing up today. There are ways to be tested privately just for Brody, but there are costs associated with this and insurance does not typically cover it for non family members. I'll post that information to this blog as well.

Thank you to everyone who has expressed an interest in helping save Brody's life. It means more to me than words could ever express. Our deepest thanks for your kindness and for your love and support.

Tracy

5 comments:

  1. I know I am preggers, but joined the registry anyways...will pass this along to the rest of my family as well. Thanks Tracy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did it! I'm waiting for my swabs... =)
    Keeping my fingers crossed that I'm a match!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy, I'd like to see if I'm a match for Brody. I'll do the national registry, but I'd also like to do the private testing to see if I can help out Brody. I am a universal donor and may be able to help. :) Please email me the info! jamie.ohollaren@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have all sent for a kit already. If we need things sooner we can do that as well. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was put into the registry 13 years ago with a blood draw, and it cost some money. It is nice to hear the test is simpler, and now free. I am hoping for a match.

    ReplyDelete